CONGRATULATIONS on your new itty bitty! I love photographing newborns and want to help you prepare.
I remember feeling so overwhelmed trying to leave the house with a newborn in tow. I’ll never forget the time I forgot to bring an extra outfit in the diaper bag… You know what happens when ‘what could go wrong’ does ‘go wrong’… Yep, I was so embarrassed walking out of church with my sweet, naked baby! Whoops!
Anyhow, I’ve had a lot of moms ask me lately, “What do I bring to the newborn session?” Here are my suggestions on what to pack:
- Bottle or access to momma milk. Even though I recommend scheduling your session close to eating / napping time, baby may need to be topped off during the session… So, have the milk ready. Your session is 2 hours, so make sure you have enough.
- Pacifier. Sometimes babies need to be shushed back to sleep, and this helps.
- Diapers and wipes. I know you probably have that in your bag, but it never hurts to have extra. Boogie wipes are great for clearing out eye or nose boogies too
- Burp cloth. In case we need to top of during the session, we want to make sure we can clean baby after feeding.
- Aquaphor. If baby has dry of flaky skin… this will work wonders for the camera. Trust me.